I, your Mother, I ask you in this new year of 2017, I repeat the same many times and in all my apparitions all over the world: pray the Holy Rosary, pray as a family because the family that prays together, stays together. The enemy, he hates my Hail Mary. He prowls the world so fiercely to destroy my children, causing havoc and confusion in families. His aim, which is becoming stronger and stronger, is to destroy families and marriages, but my children, the power of the Holy Rosary can combat his evil tricks. Oh, if only my children would listen and practise praying as a family, it is the strongest weapon against the enemy’s tricks.
The Rosary Mysteries are summarised below, with suggested Scriptural references to help to gain an understanding of each Mystery . When reading the verses, make use of authentic Bibles that are direct translations of the Latin Vulgate, such as the Douay-Rheims Bible.
Joyful Mysteries Rosary
- The Annunciation (Luke 1:26 –38)
- The Visitation (Luke 1:39 –56)
- The Nativity (Luke 2:4 –20)
- The Presentation in the Temple (Luke 2:21–35)
- The Finding of Jesus in the Temple (Luke 2:41–52)
Luminous Mysteries Rosary
- The Baptism of the Lord (Mark 1:6 –13)
- The Wedding at Cana (John 2:1–11)
- The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:14 –15)
- The Transfiguration (Matthew 17:1–13)
- The Institution of the Eucharist (Matthew 26:26 –29)
Sorrowful Mysteries Rosary
- The Agony in the Garden (Mark 14:32 – 42)
- The Scourging at the Pillar (Matthew 27:11–26)
- The Crowning of Thorns (Matthew 27:27–31)
- The Carrying of the Cross (John 19:16 –17)
- The Crucifixion (Luke 23:33 – 46)
Glorious Mysteries Rosary
- The Resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:4 –8)
- The Ascension (Acts 1:6 –11)
- The Coming of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1–20)
- The Assumption of Mary (Song of Solomon 6:8 –10)
- The Coronation of Mary (Revelation 11:19 –12:1)
How to pray the Holy Rosary
To pray the Rosary, bless yourself by making the Sign of the Cross. Announce the Mysteries on which you will be meditating – for example, the Glorious Mysteries.
Start the Rosary with an opening prayer, stating your petitions to the Holy Trinity through our Blessed Mother Mary.
Referring to the numbers on the rosary in this image, and holding the rosary on the relevant bead:
- On the crucifix, pray the Apostles Creed.
- On the first isolated bead, pray the Our Father.
- On the next three beads, pray the Hail Mary on each, meditating on faith, hope and charity.
- On the isolated bead, pray the Glory Be, followed by the Fatima Prayer:
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy. Amen.
Begin Decade i, as follows:
- On the next isolated bead, announce the first Mystery (for example, The Resurrection) and read the Scriptural meditation if unfamiliar with it. Then pray the Our Father.
- On each of the next ten beads, pray the Hail Mary, meditating on the respective Mystery for this decade.
- On the isolated bead, pray a Glory Be, followed by the Fatima Prayer.
For each Mystery, repeat steps 5, 6 and 7, progressing around the rosary for Decades ii, iii, iv and v. Conclude the Rosary with the Hail Holy Queen and the Rosary Closing Prayer:
O God, whose only Begotten Son, by his life, death and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life; grant, we beseech thee, that, by meditating on the mysteries of the most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may both imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Bless yourself by making the Sign of the Cross.
 For a comprehensive set of Scriptures, divine messages, meditations and prayers related to the Holy Rosary, visit the “Rosary” section on www.alpha-omega.org.za.