This policy details how we collect, store, protect and use personal information – that is information that can be used to identify an individual or a company (juristic person) – in connection with the offerings on our website (referred to as the “Site”) and through your dealings with us (referred to as the “Engagements”).
What is personal information?
Personal information includes:
- certain information that is collected automatically when you visit our website or download our mobile broadcast apps,
- certain information collected on our Engagements;
- certain information collected on submission; and
- optional information that you provide to us voluntarily.
Additional information captured on the website that does not classify as personal information may also be collected and processed, including but not limited to:
- anonymised information,
- de-identified information that cannot be associated with an individual,
- statistical information,
- information that is public knowledge, which has been publicly and voluntarily disclosed.
Who is processing your data?
Any data processing is for the exclusive use of “Alpha Omega Mission NPC”, a not-for-profit entity incorporated within the laws of South Africa, with registration number 2014/254598/08. Our contact details can be found by clicking here.
What are we processing and why?
In certain cases, we will process your data after obtaining your consent. You are free to withdraw your consent at any time. We may process your data with your consent for the following purposes:
- Electronic communications: to email website “updates” subscribers, broadcast app subscribers, or by contacting us via a form or email address upon the Site.
- Cookies, in order to grant you a personalised experience when dealing with us. You may decline the installation of cookies; however, this may affect the functionality of our website or prevent you from using the Site entirely. If you opt out of using cookies, we may store a single cookie in order to remember this preference.
- For website analytics, storing details such as your IP address, bounce rate, page time, cost per click, most visited pages, and device information. These tracking cookies may be declined at any time.
Also, in order to fulfil our obligations to you in terms of the Engagements with us we may need to process your data. We will process your data when we are required by law to do so; such as complying with an obligation imposed on us, handling claims, complying with regulation, or pursuing good governance. We may also process your data in terms of legitimate interest, as long as the data being processed is strictly necessary, proportional, and does not infringe on your individual rights to privacy. Processing may take place in terms of the following necessary scenarios:
- To monitor and analyse how to improve our Engagements and/or our Site, as well as to keep the same secure and free from abuse. This may include communications such as surveys or direct electronic communications.
- To keep active communications with you. Certain communications are necessary during delivery of our Engagements, and when we have a legitimate interest in keeping you informed about our Engagements.
Where is your data processed?
Who else will have access to your personal information?
Our technology partners who manage and host our internet and mobile application technology platforms may have access to your data whilst upgrading our technology platforms, but in this case, we will ensure that your data is protected and remains confidential. We will not sell your information or allow your information to be used by any other third parties for other means.
How are we processing your data?
We will only process personal data as a result of the provision of our Engagements, or in operating our Site. We will ensure that our employees or service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements and any statutory privacy obligations.
What happens in the event of a breach?
In the event of a confirmed breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, we shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and without undue delay report this breach to the appropriate authorities, controllers, responsible parties, and subjects as required by law. We will cooperate with you and take such reasonable commercial steps as are directed by you to assist in the investigation, mitigation, and remediation of each such data breach.
You have the right to request access to, and rectification or erasure of your personal information. You may also restrict process, or object to processing in accordance with relevant data protection regulation. In cases where consent was given, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. If you do request that your information is deleted, all information will be permanently erased, except for information that we are required to keep by law. You may exercise your rights at any time by lodging a request with us at email@example.com.
Updating your information
You may update your information in writing at any time by submitting a support request or sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember that it is your duty to keep information updated so we can correctly provide you with the Engagements, and you undertake to verify the information you have handed us from time to time to make sure that it is accurate.
Changes to this policy